Cameron Parish Police Jury
Courthouse West Annex
148 Smith Circle
P.O. Box 1280
Cameron, LA 70631
Phone: 337-775-2800
Fax: 337-775-5535
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m

Randy Thomas
Chief Building Code Official

Wesley Kibodeaux
Permit Technician, Inspector

Robin Morales
Permit Technician
Certified Floodplain Administrator


Clayton Guidry

Veronica Trosclair
Permit Administrative Assistant

Before starting any type of construction, moving a manufactured/modular home/recreation vehicle/storage building onto your property, or remodeling, you must apply for a Development Permit from the Cameron Parish Planning and Development Office. If you plan to haul in fill, clean-pit a mud boat ditch or construct a levee, chances are you will need a Coastal Use Permit. This section explains what you need to do to obtain these parish permits.

Coastal Use Permit Application

Who needs a permit?
Anyone who is planning any type of construction, moving a manufactured home or any other structure on their property, or anyone adding on or remodeling, needs to obtain a permit.

Where can I apply for a permit?
Permits are obtained at the Cameron Parish Police Jury Office located at 148 Smith Circle, Cameron, LA We are on the West side of the Cameron Courthouse. Office hours are from 8:00 am – 4:00 PM, Monday thru Friday.

What information will I need to bring with me to apply for a permit?

A or AE Accessory Building
V or VE Accessory Building
AE & VE Freeboard Elevation Form
Citizen Access
Elevating Existing Structure
Manufactured Home
New Addition
New Development Checklist
2018 IECC Residential Energy Code Duct Test and Envelope Test Forms
Affidavit Claiming Exemption From Licensure
Recreational Vehicle
Recreational Vehicle Park -West Division – Police Jury District 2
RV Park
Temporary Office
Temporary Food Service Vendors Checklist
Temporary Snow Cone Service Vendors Checklist
Special Event
Parish Liquor Permit Application
State Liquor Permit Application
Canopy or Pavillion Checklist
Modular Home Checklist
Temporary Modular Unit Checklist
State of Louisiana Insulation Certificate
Complaint Form

What happens after I obtain my permit?
Once you’ve obtained the proper permits, you’re ready to proceed with your project. Post your permit at the work site and call the Permit Office as soon as you’re ready for each inspection.

The parish will assign a municipal address that must be displayed on the structure at the time of inspection. The house numbers must be made of permanent material and contrasting color so it can be easily seen (wood and metal numbers). If the structure is set back more than 50 feet from the street, put the numbers at the driveway on one of the following: gate post, fence post, mailbox post, or other permanent structure.

What State/Federal/Local regulations does Cameron Parish follow concerning permits?
Cameron Parish follows the National Electrical Code, Louisiana State Plumbing Code, International Residential Code, International Building Code (for commercial work), International Mechanical Code, and the International Fuel Gas Code, and will require all building, mechanical, gas, electrical, and plumbing work to comply with these codes. The Parish also has a Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance and a Coastal Zone Program that is followed.

Note to contractors
Have you obtained your certification through the Department of Revenue? For further information, click here.

For more information on licensing and registration through the State Contractors Board, please click here.

Is there a fee for permits?
Yes, there are fees for all permits, which may be paid by personal check or money order.

Development Permits

Residential $30.00 plus .15 cents a square foot
Commercial $100.00 plus .10 cents a square foot
Manufactured Home $30.00
Modular Home $150.00
Recreational Vehicle (R.V.) $30.00
Structural Re-inspection $20.00
Ag or Accessory Building $30.00
Residential Plan Review $50.00
Commercial Plan Review $150.00
Home Elevation, Inspections and Plan Review $100.00
Residential Demolition $30.00
Commercial Demolition $100.00

Electrical Permits

Temporary Service Fee $20.00
Residential New Service $10.00 plus $2.00 per circuit
Residential Reset Meter $20.00
Residential Re-inspection $20.00
Commercial New Service $30.00 plus $3.00 per circuit
Commercial Reset Meter $40.00
Commercial Re-inspection $20.00

Plumbing Fees

Flat Fee $15.00
Fixtures $2.00 per fixture
Re-inspection $20.00 per inspection

Gas Piping Fees

Residential $30.00 plus $3.00 per opening
Commercial $60.00 plus $4.00 per opening
Re-inspection $20.00 per inspection

Mechanical (HVAC)

Re-inspection $20.00 5 TONS or LESS
$30.00 OVER 5 TONS

Make payable to Cameron Parish Police Jury