To lead Cameron Parish and to prepare for, prevent, respond to, and recover from all natural and man made emergencies and disasters.
- Central point for emergency planning within the Parish
- Plans and participates in a myriad of emergency drills
- Maintain and operate the Emergency Operations Center for use by officials during emergency situations
- Work closely with local emergency organizations including Southwest Louisiana Mutual Aid Association, Community Awareness and Emergency Response (CAER), Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), the Southwest Louisiana Hurricane Task Force, Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness and the American Red Cross
- OEP is the central coordinating agency for all outside assistance in emergency situations [e.g. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Response Commission (NRC)]
- Continuing education in modern emergency management techniques, practices and procedures
- Public awareness of hazards through promotional campaigns, publications, and speaking engagements